onsdag 8. mai 2013

Art Journal - DT Scraps of Darkness


Today I will show you an Art Journal, made with the fabolous April-kit from Scraps of Darkness.  
A lot of photos from start to finish. 
I love playing in my Journals! I use them all the time, trying out new techniques, new paint, new stamps etc. And most of all I love that there are no rules!! Isn't it perfect? Just play along and don't bother with designs, rules and guidelines. 

Well, back to business as they say. This page is made in my Dylusions-journal.

  


 The page I worked on was grounded with Gesso long time ago.
I started with the stencil by Kaisercraft , included in my kit as color add-on. 

You might remember the card I published some days ago and recognize the stencil and color? Well, when I used that stencil with Distress paint on the card, I just rubbed on the rest of the paint on this page.  (there is also some spots from a previos stencil on the page as you might see.
 

I added some Distress Paint - vintage photo some random places.
You might see the canvas strip in the middle of the book? I use this in case I use too much wet medium, this canvas would protect the middle of the book and also protect the other pages underneath.
 

Then I started to cut the pattern-paper by Kaisercraft. I just fell in love with all the books, looked perfect for a journal page. 
    

Here you see how I cut the paper.
  


 Then I used gel medium to "glue" the pieces togehter on the page and used the heat tool.


I took a thin layer with gesso on top before I used the same stencil as I started the page with, with a new color this time, altso Distress paint from the color add-on.



I never clean my stencils,(only if I use medium as molding paste and gel medium) use the leftovers on a new page as I show you here. On this I used a baby-wipe and rubbed the stencil clean on my next page.
 


Now it's starting to look like a page. But, be patient, long before finished. Hope you will follow till the end.

I used a new stencil (letters) and som black ink
 


Need some more texture. Here I used some Golden light molding paste with another stencil. This have to dry sometime before I contiunue, so I had a long brake after adding this.

 


One product I have fallen in love with is Gelato and the black one in particular. Love making shadows with this! Dry or wet - cool!! Went over the page outlining the "books" and rubbed with my finger, some places dry and some places with just a little water on my finger.


A quick view on how the page looks now. Still not finished but I'm getting nearer now.



Now I need some stamps. I used two different stamps on my right bottom page. 
The lady by Dina Wakley and the gorgeous window by 3rd Eye. 
Inside the window I used both some gesso, some light blue Gelato and the "magic pencil" Stabilo All.

I am now starting to finish my page and adding details. Like the circles and added colors in the areas with molding paste.

And of course, some journaling. 
As I used the books I searched for a quote regarding reading/books and found one I liked.

Here is my finished page, hope you like it and that I haven't boored you with so many photos. (sorry, but video is not possible for me at the moment)



Here is some details from the finished page:
         






  


 Here are the different colors/paint etc I used on this page
Distress Paint, Dylusion ink, Art Anthology sorbet, Gelatos in different colors, Black magic pencil Stabil all
 

7 kommentarer:

❤ Kaia sa...

Fy f....... denne var rålekker Marianne....
Fy søren....
Ha ei super helg...

Klem fra Kaia

Unknown sa...

Sooooo beautiful - love it - the colors and texture... and you used my favorite products - distressed paints and gelatos!

Merete/Scrappeguri sa...

Den var virkelig Flott!!! Takker så mye at du deler!
God helg, Merete.

mettepip sa...

Wow - råstilig Marianne! Så herlige effekter a gitt!
Flott med trinn-for-trinnbilder!

klem fra
Mette

Vivian sa...

I love your page, Marianne. You have such a great taste for colors and this texture is just fab! -Vivian

Vivian sa...

I love your page, Marianne. You have such a great taste for colors and this texture is just fab! -Vivian

Randi Elisabeth sa...

Helt fantastisk og så kjekt å se trinn for trinn. Du er en sann kunstner :))) Den "stjerne" stensilen var digg altså.